Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting comments.
But some discrepancies with Exodus:

1. Exodus 14. Then the Lord said to Moses, tell the Israelites to turn back and camp by Pi Hahiroth ...

Pi Hahiroth is understood. It is the place where the Egyptian king kept his royal barges. These barges (or boats) sailed on the Gulf of Suez, because that is the closest body of water to the king's palace. Hence there is no doubt about where Pi Hahiroth was located, and the logic is strong. Exodus states that the Red Sea crossing took place there. My opinion - at the northern end of the Gulf of Suez. with the Hebrews crossing exposed seabed (at a location at the northern end of the Gulf of Suez), probably where the sea water was 10-20 feet deep (normally), but the water was drained by the exceptional events that took place when Moses spoke to the Lord.

Hence I don't think that the sea crossing took place on the Gulf of Aqaba. And if you consider that option, you would need to explain how the Pharoah's chariots chased the fleeing Hebrews all the way down the west side of the Sinai. That would be an enormous undertaking.

Also, the point that you chose as the crossing on the Gulf of Aqaba has a sea crossing of about 10 miles. That would take the Hebrews about 5 hours to do, assuming they were walking across wet (sloppy sand). That seems far too long to me. The Bible indicates that the Egyptians were close by and hot on their heels. Hence to me, the crossing at Pi Hahiroth makes more sense, probably a distance something like 0.8-1 mile, taking the Hebrews about 20-30 mins to cross. Which seems logical - that the ocean would flow back into the Gulf and drown the Egyptians after about 30 minutes (after all the Hebrews escaped to the opposite coast).

But I encourage diverse thinking, and the pictures that you showed of the mountain in Midian are interesting.

Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟39,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
either way I am convinced ron wyatt rediscovered it in arabia
Galatians 4:25 25Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ron Wyatt, the guy who discovered all these things:

By the time of his death in 1999, Wyatt claimed to have discovered several sites and artifacts related to the Bible and Biblical archaeology. These included:

Ron Wyatt - Wikipedia

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Doesn't this sound a little implausible? He never brings back any artifacts to test. All he has are stories and pictures which he interprets for you.

This thread is about Mt Sinai being Jabal al-Lawz in Saudi Arabia.

It’s not about Ron Wyatt.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The only evidence provided about Sinai are pictures. You can't do science with only pictures.

Really ?

You see water erosion from where water flowed from the 4 story high split Rock of Horeb in a place that doesn’t get very much rain.

Paul says Mt Sinai is in Arabia.

What else do you want ?

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Really ?

You see water erosion from where water flowed from the 4 story high split Rock of Horeb in a place that doesn’t get very much rain.

Paul says Mt Sinai is in Arabia.

What else do you want ?

There are lots of mountains in Arabia. Are you telling me this is the only one that has a split rock and water erosion? If we could get in there with some instrument we could test these things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are lots of mountains in Arabia. Are you telling me this is the only one that has a split rock and water erosion? If we could get in there with some instrument we could test these things.

6360675217111872201785480579_aa.jpg

Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟39,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
should be interesting to look at bob cornuk travels and searches...
as he and another guy snuck into arabia in the late 1980s.......
after ron wyatt

Official Site of Base Institute and Biblical Archeologist Bob Cornuke

he brings out more details also others have followed up
but ron wyatt and his boys were the first of modern day 1980??? to discover it ...at least in the west
because aparently the locals hold a tradition that this was mount sinai.....

Upvote 0